It's Easter time again, and if you haven't already started assembling your children's baskets, don't panic! I'm here to help make it easier for you. Whether it is your little boy or girl, toddler or baby - this list of practical Easter basket ideas will help give you the spark of inspiration needed to get their baskets looking divine in no time.
Instead of filling baskets with sugary treats and cheap trinkets, we opt for items that the kids can use all spring and summer long. Our go-to gifts are bathing suits, goggles, beach toys, and summer sandals. If there were summer items that were broken or on their last legs last year, we'll make sure to replace them in this year's basket.
And of course, we always add a few candy treats in each basket too, and I like to include an Easter related book or craft as well to use this as an opportunity to teach our kids about Easter. I've rounded up a few items below that are all winners for the littles in your life.
1. Car Travel Tray
- Great for holding your kid's happy meal or snack on a long road trip! We just used these on a recent trip, and they were a true lifesaver!
2. Play Doh Eggs
- Better than your average candy easter egg! These eggs each have play doh inside, which is a fun treat for your kids or friends at school!
4. Mesh Beach Bags
-Perfect for shell collecting at the beach this summer! I love stocking our kids' baskets with practical items for the summer, and these bags hit the mark for both practical and fun.
6. Decorate Your Own Water Bottle
- This was a best seller from holiday season. Perfect for the little girl who loves to personalize things and have unique items.
8. Vtech Smartwatch
- Another best seller from the holidays, our boys have and love this smart watch. Some of the colors offered are also currently on big sale!
- Our family loves a great brain game that kids and adults can enjoy together. This one is great for car trips and waiting at restaurants as it is compact and stores easily.
10. Microfiber Beach Towels
- These are a must have in our home for summer. These microfiber towels absorb water well and fold into a very compact square, so that you can fit multiples in your beach bag.
11. Mermaid Dive Toys
- These little mermaids are so fun for little girls to dive for in the swimming pool!
12. Tenzii Dice Game
- Another must have for our family! This easy game can be played many ways and is fun for all ages! We don't go on vacation without it!
13. Speedo Goggles
- The GOAT of kids swim goggles! When our kids needed goggles for swim team, I asked all the other swim team moms what to get, and everyone said these and only these! That’s how great they are. They don't leak, and hold up so well over time.
14. Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs
- This cookbook is perfect for the aspiring chef in your life! Written by America's Test Kitchen, this book provides clear step by step picture recipes for all skill levels to learn to cook.
15. UPF 50+ Rash Guard
- Protection from the sun has never been cuter than this Rash Guard. Another practical summertime item to include in your girl's basket.
16. Easter Egg Bath Bombs
- Great basket filler thats not candy! Each bath bomb comes with a prize inside and a bag to individually wrap, making it a great option for giving to friends at school or as prizes for an Easter egg hunt!
17. Bible Activity Book
- A great coloring and activity book to bring the real meaning of Easter to life! Boys and girls of all ages will love this!
- Start teaching responsibility with money at a young age! This bank is great for teaching kids with a section for money to spend, save and give.
1. Watermelon Pool Ball
Combine components of football, basketball, and rugby in the water with this water filled ball! Dribble and bounce the ball underwater to try to get it to the goal first!
2. Paper Airplane Kit
- Provide hours of fun to boys of all ages with everything you need to make and launch 100 airplanes!
3. Uno Card Games (Super Mario Uno
, Minecraft Uno
, and waterproof Uno Splash
)- The classic game of Uno comes in several theme options to please! There's even a waterproof option to take the game to the beach or pool.
4. Bedtime Builds Book
This book includes eight adventures to build, play, and read to help kids wind down before bed and let you spend quality time together.
5. Math Cubes
- Great basic STEM teaching tool. Teach addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and place value with these fun cubes that snap together.
6. Car Travel Tray
Great for holding your kid's happy meal or snack on a long road trip! We just used these on a recent trip, and there were a true lifesaver!
7. Moon Jar
Start teaching responsibility with money at a young age! This bank is great for teaching kids with a section for money to spend, save and give.
8. Waterproof Football
- A poolside and beach classic! Hours of fun can be had with this well made football!
9. Play Doh Eggs
Better than your average candy easter egg! These eggs each have play doh inside, which is a fun treat for your kids or friends at school!
10. Speedo Goggles
The GOAT of kids swim goggles! They don't leak so kids can spend hours of fun seeing underwater.
- Form meets function in these cute summer shoes! My boys have been wearing these for the past few summers!
13. Lego Storage Basket
If you've ever stepped on a lego in the middle of the night, you know the importance of a good Lego containment system. This easy cinch bag will contain the legos quickly and easily to save bare feet for parents everywhere.
14. Thermos Funtainer Water Bottle
- These water bottles are our favorite because they don't leak and they have a handle. My favorite feature is that they don't have a straw so they are easy to keep clean.
15. Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza
- This Amazon best seller has amazing ratings and is a fun game to add to your family game night rotation.
16. Microfiber Beach Towels
These are a must have in our home for summer. These microfiber towels absorb water well and fold into a very compact square, so that you can fit multiples in your beach bag.
17. Vtech Smartwatch
Another best seller from the holidays, our boys have and love this smart watch. Some of the colors offered are also on big sale!
19. Skip Ball
- This classic pool toy is durable and floats on the water for endless hours of fun.
20. Foam Gliders
- Great for the airplane lovers in your life! These lightweight and durable gliders can fly up to 100 feet.
21. Easter Egg Bath Bombs
Great basket filler thats not candy! Each bath bomb comes with a prize inside and a bag to individually wrap, making it a great option for giving to friends at school or as prizes for an Easter egg hunt!
22. Mesh Beach Bags
Perfect for shell collecting at the beach this summer! I love stocking our kids' baskets with practical items for the summer, and these bags hit the mark for practical and fun.
23. Kid's Boomerang
- Safe and durable boomerang that's designed for all age levels to be able to throw. Bonus points for the fact that kids can play with this by themselves!
24. Rush Hour Game
- Another fun game that requires logic and skill disguised as fun! This would be an excellent game to play at a table at a restaurant, keeping little ones entertained.
1. The Jesus Storybook Bible
- The perfect first Bible for your little one. The storybook writing style and gorgeous illustrations make this an easy way to tell Bible stories to little ones from the start.
2. Carrot Count Stacker
- Practice fine motor and counting skills with this adorable Easter themed stackable toy.
3. No-Spill Snack Cups
- Mom approved as an excellent way to take snacks on the go! The top opens easily for toddlers to reach in themselves, and they are dishwasher safe!
4. Fine Motor Tool Set
- Grab, drop, squeeze and scoop with these fun tools that teach fine motor skills to toddlers.
6. Watering Can Bath Toy
- Babies love to fill things with water and pour it out! This cute watering can provides hours of fun in bath, pool or surf!
7. Wind Up Boat Bath Toy
- A fun ski boat that runs across the pool or bathtub with no batteries required.
8. The Runaway Bunny
- A classic children's book! Add this story about a mother bunny and her son to your little one's library and it will be enjoyed for years to come.
9. UPF 50+ Swimsuit
- Such a sweet little swimsuit for a baby girl! I love the ruffle skirt and bow detail, plus it helps protect young skin from the sun!
10. UPF 50 + Rash Guard
- Another practical but sweet gift for baby girl! I love this 2 in 1 rash guard/swimsuit that helps prevent sunburn for long days at the pool and beach.
11. UPF 50+ Sun Hat
- A wide brim hat is the perfect option for baby boys and girls all summer long! Wear this hat to the park, on a walk and at the beach or pool.
12. Duck Slide Bath Toy
- This is a great bath toy for toddlers to design their own slide and then watch the ducks splash into the bathtub!
13. Scavenger Hunt at Home
- Encourage exploration for your toddler with these durable scavenger hunt cards! The adorable cards feature prompts to ask questions and build vocabulary for little ones. A perfect rainy day activity.
14. Crawling Crab Baby Toy
- Encourage your baby to crawl with this light up, singing crab! Babies will love following the walking crab around and dancing to the music.